Paul

Leave comments & share your cherished memories of Paul.
You do not need to be a registered member to post in this special forum.

Re: Paul

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:45 am

RIP, Paul. Followed you from the beginnings of Island.

Rick Brown

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:41 pm

I just saw this today and was really shocked. I first saw FICW at Grimsby High School back I think 1973. Our Gym was huge and cavernous but I will always remember how the first song Para-Dice filled it and more. I was and still am hooked on Paul's playing.

Cheers, Howard Bayliss

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:33 am

1RI had the privilidge of seeing Foot in Cold Water twice at my High School Cedarbrae C.I. in Sarborough in the early 70s and then at the Knob Hill Hotel. I also worked for a short period of time at the custom upolstery shop that made the seats for some of the groups motorcycles. They were one of the best live rock bands I have ever seen, and that's no B.S. any one who has seen them in those great early years knows I'm talking the TRUTH. I don't know why they never exploded onto the international scene, all the chemestry and universal tumblers were in place, as far as I'm concerned. I stood right in front of Paul watching him play, totally hypnotized by his presence and, well for lack of better words, total coolness on stage. He epitomised for me the rock star image standing there playing out those licks and looking in total controll of what he was doing. It's an experience I'll never forget, I still have all thier albums and listen to them often. So many times I have people say after I put them on my turntable,"Holy F%&k man thats Foot in Cold Water, I love them", and I always will!!!!!
Steve Canham

Postby Steve Canham » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

I didn't know Paul personally but I am saddened to hear of his passing. I have always been a fan of the band and I'm sure I always will.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 pm

The other day I played an old AFIC disc and afterwards, for nostalgia's sake, visited the website. I found news of Paul's passing... :o Though I never knew him personally, I'd seen Foot perform 5 times. The memories of Paul's guitar solo at the Grand Theatre show Kingston, 1973 came flooding back. Such phrasing, feel and control... Still sends shivers up the spine!

The great music you made remains timeless and you will live on through that music. R.I.P., Paul
Robert Seagrove

Postby Robert Seagrove » Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm

:D Oh.... and I just about forgot... back in the old Scar of Borough I was just a kid... I had a paper rout and believe it or not a bunch of gigs which bought me a Fender Stratocaster. At 12 years old I was a hired gun. One day a fellow older than I but I knew pretty well asked me if he could borrow my Strat for a jam. He said he was going to jam with a bunch of guys that were from the Lords of London and that they were going to call the new band A Foot in Cold Water. His name was Mike MacMillan, just a little bit down the street from me. I reluctantly said OK. He brought my axe back after the gig but unfortunately the vibrato arm was not put away in the case with the tip of the arm to the south west. Instead it was put back in a position which bent the arm slightly. Not a big deal but I wasn't thrilled about it. I re-bent the arm and it was OK. Paul must have been there. Thats my recollection of it ...... just for fun. Boy I sure loved Paul's playing. It got engraved into my body, mind and soul. The rest of you blokes were great too ! ....Just a little trivia.... we opened for you guys at Toronto High way back. Peter Griffin headed the boys. I got to plug into Paul's Marshall. Heck of a lot of fun. My Marshall which I still have sounded different than his, not surprising. Mine's a '72, unbelievable tone, Paul's was of course too. I don't know what year Paul's was but we had some conversation about the Marshalls not to long before Paul passed. He said he wasn't using his much. Me, same. Still, but oh boy, when you plug in you know that your plugged. It doesn't get any better. Well, I was telling Paul about my speaker invention especially designed for the electric guitar and he was sure on to it. I wish he could have heard it. It was unfortunately too late in the day. It's really nice to see that this web site is being maintained.
best regards,
Robert Seagrove

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:43 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul, right at my Parents table. My sister Donna, who
has just recently passed (Sun Dec 1/13), brought him to our house. She had gone down and brought
up my 65 Fender Tele for him to look at. I am going to play Make Me Do Anything You Want, for
my sister. A great classic solo, by a great guitarist taken far too soon! RIP Paul

Return to “Paul Naumann Guestbook”