Paul

Leave comments & share your cherished memories of Paul.
You do not need to be a registered member to post in this special forum.
Michael Healey

Re: Paul

Postby Michael Healey » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:59 pm

I don't know how, but I missed hearing of this. My condolences to his family.
AFIC was (and is) one of my all time favourite bands. Original! I saw them many times when I lived (10 years) in T.O.
On a couple of occasions I stopped Paul to have a chat. I was fortunate to have him join me at my table, where I ignored my girlfriend and pestered him with music questions. He took it all in stride and was both amusing and enlightening. Man, this is SO hard to believe.
Thank God his, (and the band's) music will live on.

Thanks Paul, you were truly one of the greats!
garrrrry

Postby garrrrry » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Guest wrote:Rick Spyder ( Landman ) here
My fondest musical memories were watching Foot at the Colonial Tavern
When we were all 12 -13 years old. Stewart and i would look at each other
Absolutely amazed at Paul's playing. NOBODY HAS OR WILL EVER have a vibrato like Paul's.
May you rest in peace Brother and play to the angels
We Toronto guitarists will carry the torch that you first lit for us
thanks Paul.

wow i remember the same as me and my buddy would be rocking on thinking this paul naumann is truly amazing' which he was'' what
a great guitar player'' he was just so kool on stage';; he had such a way of
style like no other'' rest in peace paul'' hope that i could jam with you in the next life''
lorie

Postby lorie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:25 am

I met Paul when you guys were living on the farm in Claremont. He was a great guy. Sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family. Lorie from Ajax
Donna

Postby Donna » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:13 pm

How saddened I was to receive the notification about Paul's passing. How deeply my heart aches for his family. The loss of a loved one can be so painful, and leave a hole in one's heart. However, knowing how loved he was, should comfort those left behind. We walk beside you, as my memories of a special time with him in my life come clear! Otto, your MGB is driving around heaven, and my memories of that will live on forever. Once a love of mine. RIP and I will forever remember Make Me Do!!!

Donna...

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:33 am

Yeah.... this is a sad thing to find out just looking for favorite bands on YouTube. I first saw A Foot in Coldwater at The Brass Rail in London in the early seventies, and years later in Niagara Falls. I bought my first Stratocaster and Marshall with effects in 1970, and always enjoyed the sonic atmosphere this band created.
When I see and hear so much musical and professional accomplishment, I know Mr. Naumann's family is losing someone who is not only family, but who is thought of with deep respect, and whose songs are still played, in musicians' lives.
as always, John Watt
Tim Vanden

Postby Tim Vanden » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:34 pm

I was just surfing the net, and played some AFIC. I just found out the sad news of Paul's passing. The first time I saw Foot was in Parry Sound at the Highschool, in the early seventies. I must have been 13. I admired Paul and his playing. Great music! I sure will miss him.

Tim

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 am

RIP Paul ... Thank you for sharing your "gift" with us ...
the werme

Postby the werme » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 am

as a former roadie for bands in the village (yorkville) i met the guy,s in FOOT IN COLDWATER during the good old day,s when toronto rock group,s finally started to get the recognition they deserved In my opinion A FOOT IN COLDWATER were the best in the BIZ bar none.When paul joined Foot it brought the band to the forefront of powerhouse rock band,s to T.O. and eventually Canada His stylistic playing (loud and proud) lyrical savvy took them to a place that they still own to this day.Iwish to express my heartfelt sorrow to paul,s Family for the huge void that is left with his passing.Also to the rest of the guy,s(Hughie,Danny, Bob and Alex) take care because i care.The Werme(worm)
Scott Macleod

Postby Scott Macleod » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm

OMG... I just learned now of Paul's passing.I can't believe it.Since the 70's AFIC was by far the most infuential band of my youth.Paul's legacy and music will live on in my heart.A briliant artist and a damn nice guy...Memories of the the Stratocaster,the Marshalls,The Gasworks on friday night!!! R.I.P. buddy....

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:43 pm

You will be missied Paul, our friend! From your old buddies you grew up with on Northfield Road and Firth Crescent in Toronto! Your music will live forever and will not be forgotten!

Jeff (Harris) and Keith (Ogborne)

Return to “Paul Naumann Guestbook”