Paul

Leave comments & share your cherished memories of Paul.
You do not need to be a registered member to post in this special forum.
Guest-RickK

Re: Paul's passing

Postby Guest-RickK » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:52 pm

RIP Paul, your music will live one and you will be remembered.

Re: Paul

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:12 am

Rick Spyder ( Landman ) here
My fondest musical memories were watching Foot at the Colonial Tavern
When we were all 12 -13 years old. Stewart and i would look at each other
Absolutely amazed at Paul's playing. NOBODY HAS OR WILL EVER have a vibrato like Paul's.
May you rest in peace Brother and play to the angels
We Toronto guitarists will carry the torch that you first lit for us
thanks Paul.
Anne-Marie Connor

Postby Anne-Marie Connor » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:32 am

My darling Paul may you rest in peace. I will never forget the crazy times we shared. I will forever remember you.

AMC
Ae

Postby Ae » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 am

Big man.
Big heart.
Big sound.
Big loss.

Rest in peace, Paul. You'll be remembered.

Andy E.

p.s. Hope folks get acquainted or reacquainted with Paul's more recent solo music. There's some fine music there.

Ae
Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:42 pm

I remember seeing Foot in Aurora in 74; they opened with "Paradice" and I was destroyed. I thought "Who is this guy who plays as well, if not better, than Clapton, and why isn't he a major star?" The compositions of the band and their whole precence easily put them on a par for me with Pink Floyd, (who I had just seen weeks before the Aurora show.)

I could never figure out why they weren't major, except possibly for the fact that they were from Canada.

Paul, we'll surely miss your genius.

Tony
Akky aka Pauline van Buren

Postby Akky aka Pauline van Buren » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Paul Naumann was a great friend whom I met all too late in life but had a huge impact on myself and my family. We will miss you Paul. Already it seems like something is missing in our lives. So glad we had the chance to meet you and get to know you and I have some treasured memories of our short time together last year. All love and sympathy to your dear wife Kathy who is such a sweety. I know she will miss you greatly as well. Enjoy that session in the sky mate with all of the other great musicians and I'll see you when I get there. Save me a seat.

Pauline xo

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:11 am

I now listen with a tear, and a smile. From personal emails from paul who i never met , means so much more as always, PAX, PAUL. ( LEO SAMARILLO)
Guest-KeeKee

Postby Guest-KeeKee » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:37 am

Just heard on Q107 of his passing.. was very saddened to hear.. AFIC a huge part of my teenage years in Ontario. Remember the concert at Maple Leaf Gardens (huge snowstorm... 77 I believe) had to be called in last minute to back up Johnny Winter as previous back-up band could not play due to storm. It was AWESOME! Rest in Peace and may your music live on.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 am

I never met Paul, or any of his bandmates, but I can honestly say I truly enjoyed his music.

As a high school student in Toronto in the early-mid 1970's, one of my greatest pleasures (and happiest memories) was slow dancing to "Make Me Do Anything You Want", while the band performed it live in our gym. Twenty years later, I went out and bought the Footprints cd, just to help relive those great times.

May all of your memories comfort you in this time of sadness.

Marc Stevens
Robert Seagrove

Postby Robert Seagrove » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 am

I contacted Paul a couple of years ago and we emailed back and forth a bit. He sent me some pretty detailed messages. He began to call me brother Rob which was agreat honor to me. I changed my address and we lost touch. How time flies. Music on earth will never be the same as he carries his presence and talents to another place. My heart goes out to Paul's family.

Return to “Paul Naumann Guestbook”